Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: deadbeat sinatra?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member james lerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2005
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    hahahaha your all a bunch of homos!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Love_Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have much to say as far as the mudslinging and internet fighting goes, because I don't think this topic contains either. They're valid points. The one thing I just can't see and let slide is the Oasis and Hives thing. I'm really unsure how Oasis is practically the beatles. I mean... really unsure. There is a huge difference between having some influences, and taking it too far. If oasis was wearing beatles clothes and had the same haircuts, striking the same poses... then we could make that assumption with a little more confidence. But I don't hear any resemblence to yellow submarine in any of their songs, and I haven't seen Yoko Ono at any of their shows.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by deadbeat sinatra:
    when did u see us perform?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">
    Originally posted by ghosttownblues:
    I havent. Ive seen pictures and I think some video.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You made some awfully bold statements for having so little to base them upon. You're not even sure if you've seen more than photographs, but you're gonna talk a bunch of mess? Even if you did see a video, you can't really judge a band's entire body of work by that. For instance, I could write off H2O as a 7 Seconds ripoff if the only song I heard was Ripe Or Rotting. Actually, I did make the same assumption about Reno Divorce that you did about Deadbeat Sinatra back in '02 when I first heard the demos for Naysayers and Yesman on their website. I remember snickering that I was surprised they didn't have a song called "Warm Feelings" but then once I heard more than just a small sampling of their work, I realized that they're quite their own band who have incorporated elements of bands they love into something which is uniquely theirs. Herbert Spencer once said "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." and I agree.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member ghosttownblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Iam not talking shit, its just a opinion and something to talk about.You can also tell alot just from pictures. Its obvious that social d is an influence, but what iam saying is, how much influence is too much? And Ive clearly stated that I am aware of every band having influences.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My point is this: how does one honestly reach a conclusion with very little to base it on?

  6. #26
    Inactive Member ghosttownblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dude, its obvious, just look at their website. All it takes is one picture.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Love_Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know plenty about both bands, trust me. What I said was, it's a large stretch to call them, "Basically the Beatles." And in no way said they didn't have them as influences. I believe you missed my point. It had nothing to do with your band, and everything to do with those bands. But thank you for the history lesson. And I definetly agree with this: "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Love_Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As to your band, I like enjoy some of the songs and have nothing bad to say. So I don't want you to feel like you have to get defensive because I'm not attacking.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ghosttownblues:
    Dude, its obvious, just look at their website. All it takes is one picture.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Following this logic, Good Charlotte sounds like Lars Frederiksen and The Bastards and Jim Martin from Faith No More sounds like Jesus?

  10. #30
    Inactive Member ghosttownblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They were in a social d tribute band!And wolfpits said that they quit that to work on dbs.So obviously the main priority was looking and sounding like social d.So you're going to tell me that's not going to tranfer to deadbeat sintra?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •